Monday, February 13, 2012

I am planning on sharing the how's and why's of the last year and a half of my life that have helped me to get to the point I am currently at...a place that these days consists of:
joy
peace
contentment
excitement
passion
self worth
self confidence
and a desire to share all of this with others.

But for right now, that has to wait.  Right now, this very moment, my feelings consist more of
fear
self doubt
stress
insecurity
unrest
anxiety
and confusion.

Not things that sound too inspiring or motivational, huh?

Then I got thinking the other night.  I am in an extremely stressful season in my life right now...the last month of grad class after two years.  I have demands that are being placed on me that make me feel as though I might get crushed...but what I realized, the amazing thing for me, is that deep down, I KNOW that it won't crush me.  I know that I WILL get through this month....and for the first time in my life, I'm choosing to do it in a healthy way.  I'm not choosing to eat dinners that are passed through the drivers side window of my car, but instead fueling my body with everything it needs of make it through this next month.  Instead of sitting at home and worrying, I am allowing myself some time at the gym for clear my head and do something good for my body, my mind and my soul. 

Even though I have been stressed, I am beginning to see that this 'new' me is
handling it,
surviving it,
smiling through it
growing because of it
and sharing what I'm learning about it, with others.

Although I can't say that I'll be sad when my class is over, I can say that I am learning to appreciate all of the challenges that come along.  They help me to continue to learn how strong I am becoming....

it just may not be what my professor had in mind for me to learn from this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment